IT Services for Researchers¶
As an SFU researcher, there are a number of information technology services you can use to support your research activities including consultation services. We can
- Offer you our expertise regarding specific software packages.
- Provide you with access to high-performance computing installations
- Offer you assistance in analyzing, designing, and procuring IT software and hardware for your project (subject to staff availability).
- Provide project management support (subject to staff availability).
- Project management support is typically used for large IT projects, and it can be applied to any project large enough to benefit from IT best practices.
- Help you prepare the IT section of your grant proposal.
Our primary contact is through firstname.lastname@example.org. The emergency weekend and holiday support number is 604-365-6432 if you are unable to send email. This number is monitored only on weekends and holidays.
- March 22, 2017 - Matlab on FASnet Upgraded to Release 2017a
- February 22, 2017 - FASnet VM Infrastructure Failure
- February 22, 2017 - FASnet Back to Normal
- November 20, 2016 - Home Directory Server Outage
- November 07, 2016 - FASnet Linux computers rebooting tonight to fix Dirty COW
- October 27, 2016 - Server reboots tonight at midnight to fix Dirty COW