IT Services for Researchers¶
As an SFU researcher, there are a number of information technology services you can use to support your research activities including consultation services. We can
- Offer you our expertise regarding specific software packages.
- Provide you with access to high-performance computing installations
- Offer you assistance in analyzing, designing, and procuring IT software and hardware for your project (subject to staff availability).
- Provide project management support (subject to staff availability).
- Project management support is typically used for large IT projects, and it can be applied to any project large enough to benefit from IT best practices.
- Help you prepare the IT section of your grant proposal.
Our primary contact is through firstname.lastname@example.org. The emergency weekend and holiday support number is 604-365-6432 if you are unable to send email. This number is monitored only on weekends and holidays.
- November 15, 2018 - SPSS Statistics 24 Installed on RCG-managed Linux Computers
- November 05, 2018 - DoS Attack Affecting SFU Services [resolved]
- October 18, 2018 - Home Directory Server Outage [resolved]
- September 24, 2018 - Matlab on FASnet Upgraded to Release 2018b
- August 29, 2018 - Home Directory Migration (rcg-nfs-06) Completed
- July 17, 2018 - Emergency Maintenence on Home Directory Server