IT Services for Researchers¶
Research Computing can support your research activities by providing:
- Expertise regarding specific software packages.
- Access to high-performance computing installations.
- Assistance in analyzing, designing, and procuring IT software and hardware for your project.
- Support for large project management.
- Support in preparing the IT section of your grant proposal.
Services are subject to staff availability.
- October 05, 2020 - GitLab Scheduled Maintenance, Oct 9-12, 2020
- October 01, 2020 - Matlab on RCG-Managed Systems Upgraded to Release 2020b
- September 03, 2020 - Academic Registration Open for Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration
- September 02, 2020 - scm.fas.sfu.ca Subversion service retiring October 31, 2020
- July 28, 2020 - Early Retirement of rcg-bluebell.rcg.sfu.ca and rcg-linux-ts.rcg.sfu.ca
- June 26, 2020 - Maple on RCG-Managed Systems Upgraded to Version 2020
After a catastrophic backup power system failure on 16-Jul-2020, some lab storage and specialized hardware is still offline due to limited power capacity in the TASC2 datacenter.
We are still working to move data and servers to other locations. This will be a long process. Thank you for your patience in the meantime; we appreciate how disruptive this has been to your work.
Emergency communications channel: @SFU_RCG on Twitter