Register For Access to Cedar¶
Simon Fraser University’s Supercomputer Cedar is one of the most powerful academic supercomputers in Canada. Cedar provides the scale and capacity that is paving the way for new research breakthroughs.
Use of Compute Canada facilities is free for Canadian researchers.
Register for an Account¶
WestGrid and Cedar are part of Compute Canada, and in order to access them you first need to get a Compute Canada account.
- A faculty member needs to register themselves at https://ccdb.computecanada.ca => Register.
- The faculty member will be issued a CCRI (Compute Canada role identifier) which is a string of characters of the form abc-123-01.
- The faculty member should send the CCRI to their collaborators.
- Collaborators should then register themselves at https://ccdb.computecanada.ca => Register, inserting the CCRI in the Sponsor field of the application form.
- After registration is complete you can request access to WestGrid via: https://ccdb.computecanada.ca => My Account => Apply for a Consortium Account, where you can select WestGrid.
After you have registered and requested access, refer to Compute Canada’s Getting Started page for information on how to
- connect via SSH
- submit jobs and run software
- transfer files
- use visualization tools
Questions related to Compute Canada usage should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.