Accessing Your SFU Static Web Publishing Space¶
This space is not recommended for bulk storage or backups.
IT Services recommends using your Microsoft OneDrive space or
Static web hosting space, formerly known as your
fraser home directory, can be accessed via a web browser at http://www.sfu.ca/~yourusername/, or via SFTP.
Connecting via sshfs¶
$ mkdir ~/sfuhome $ sshfs firstname.lastname@example.org: ~/sfuhome
Your SFU home directory should now be available at
Connecting via an SFTP Client¶
- Open FileZilla. (If you don’t like the look of FileZilla, try WinSCP or CyberDuck.)
- Create a new bookmark called “SFU Home”.
- Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Port: leave blank
- Logon Type: Normal
- User: your SFU computing ID, e.g.
jsixpack, without quotation marks and without “@sfu.ca”.
- Password: Leave blank. You’ll be asked for your password when you log in.
- Click “OK”.
- From the File menu, choose Site Manager. Select SFU Home.